Natural Dog Food versus Premium Dog Food
Since the large scale pet food recall of 2007, the pet food industry has changed dramatically. “Natural foods” have become the trend. Conscientious consumers are moving away from synthetic chemicals and food coloring used in their own foods, and also the food they feed their beloved pets as well.
Pet parents are seeking foods that are not only made in the USA, but they are also verifying if the ingredients are sourced in the States as well. For some pet parents, finding the best dog food or the best pet food for their fur-baby has become a decision bearing almost as much research as that of purchasing a car.
I do not disagree. I have seen first-hand the benefits of feeding a more digestible, nutritious food to my dogs.
While it seems that the word “natural” is a buzz word in marketing natural pet food today, not every company uses premium ingredients.
The difference between “natural pet food” and “premium pet food” may not be evident on the packaging, but inside the bag, the difference between these two types of pet foods can be VAST.
Many pet foods advertising natural ingredients still contain low-quality ingredients.
Corn is natural, yet offers little to no nutritional value to dogs. (DogFoodAdvisor.com) Wheat and soy are also used in many natural dog foods. Both are natural ingredients, but the grade of wheat used in many pet foods is not the same grade of wheat that you and I would eat. It is a lower-quality feed grade item and less nutritious. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, corn and soy are also two of the top three GMO crops grown in the US. Do you really think pet companies use GMO-free corn and wheat in their pet food?
Scrupulous pet parents will also look for synthetic chemicals. Menadione, often co-labeled as “vitamin K” on dog food bags, is the synthetic man-made version of this necessary nutrient. Many have rejected it as a dangerous toxin. (DogFoodAdvisor.com) Sodium Selenite is another chemical form of a naturally occurring mineral, Selenium, that many pet food companies use to cut costs.
With hundreds of pet food brands to choose from, you could spend hours researching the best dog food for your dog. That’s where I can help. I have spent 5 years working in the pet food industry.
In my experience, Nature’s Select(TM) pet food is one of the best pet foods on the market.
- Nature’s Select has a long-standing commitment to using only natural and holistic premium ingredients for the whole health of your dog.
- In over 20 years of business, Nature’s Select, has to date, never issued a recall.
- Our ingredients are USA-sourced and our food is made in the USA. (Exception: We use New Zealand Lamb and Green Mussel in two of our recipes – because they have GREAT lamb!)
- We support US farms and fisheries.
- Our Cold Water Recipe contains real, wild-caught Alaskan Salmon.
- Our foods contain ZERO chemicals or artificial ingredients.
- Many of our foods are All-Life-Stages, meaning you can feed them to multiple pets with different age backgrounds and needs, all in the same household.
- Our foods are competitively priced.
- We deliver or ship the food direct to your door! For FREE!
There are a lot of pet food brands out there that I like, and even more that I dislike. I consider myself a “picky pet parent” and that’s okay. Because, at the end of the day, I know the difference.
I know that I am only with my girl for a short period of time. Maybe 12 years. Maybe 15 years. Maybe 20 years. But during that time, I want her to have her best life now.
I want her to healthy and happy. I want her to live as long as she can. That’s why I choose Nature’s Select Premium Pet Foods for her.
|Avery and I ♥|
There are many pet foods to choose from. Finding the best pet food can be tricky. I encourage you to do your research to find the best food for your dog. If you would like help, feel free to contact me. You can connect with me by commenting on this blog, or messaging me on Facebook or Twitter @NaturesSlctUpst.